What: “Meet the candidates” Community Climate Forum for the Federal election 2010
When: Wednesday 28 July @ 7.00pm
Where: Chandelier room, Hawthorn town hall, 360 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn
Who: Candidates for Kooyong and a senator from each major party
Entry: $5 donation.
Age journalist Liz Minchin, a Walkely award winner and co-author of a book on climate change Screw Light Bulbs, will run a Q&A session that will put climate change policies of the major parties under the microscope and allow the public and candidates to quiz one another. This should prove both entertaining and illuminating and we are very pleased to have her services.. More information.
Lighter Footprints regular meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday of the month.
1. Next Meeting:
- Wed, 2 Sep, 2009
- Wed, 7 Oct, 2009
- Wed, 4 Nov, 2009
- Wed, 2 Dec, 2009
- 7:45pm - 10pm
- Canterbury Guide Hall. 1 Faversham Road, Canterbury.
- (on the corner of Shierlaw and Faversham Rds , a few doors down from Carolyn's house. It is opposite the Christadelphian church - pls see map below).
For more details on any of the above events, please email us or call 03 9836 0925.
Click for larger image.
1. Surrey Hills Neighbourhood Centre (SHNC) - Sustainability Program
- Sustainability Program meetings are held on the 4th Tuesday each month.
- 8:00 - 10:00pm
- 157 Union Road, Surrey Hills, Vic, 3127
- Ph: 03 9890 2467, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share ideas and strategies about reducing energy use and saving water. Hear information and advice.
- $2 per session.
OTHER EVENT CALENDARS
What's On - David Spratt, Climate Emergency Network, Melbourne, Australia.
Climate Action Calendar - Monique Decortis.
The Climate Action Calendar covers events in Victoria and major events elsewhere. Weekly updates are sent out. To add an event to the calendar please e-mail the details to Monique Decortis decortis at bigpond.net.au. If you wish to subscribe or unsubscribe to the calendar please email Monique with your details and “subscribe CAC” or “unsubscribe CAC” in the subject bar. (please note that you need to click on that link to email Moniquer or if copying and pasting to your email program, replace the ' at ' with @).